450MM DUAL VERTICAL SLIMLINE HYDRAULIC HANDBRAKE KIT [2-HANDLE 2 CYLINDER] KIT D
BOX KIT D INCLUDES – 450MM DUAL VERTICAL SLIMLINE BOX PLUS – [2 X MASTER CYLINDER, 2 X CLEVIS & FIXINGS – PLUS UNIONS]
Designed for cars with limited tunnel space between seats.
This handbrake is specially designed and made with attention to detail for many motorsport competition applications from stage rallying to drifting, focusing on precision handling and optimum control.
VERTICAL HANDBRAKE FEATURES:
- Strong Light Weight Construction
- Alloy Handle Anodised Black
- Black Powder Coated Fabricated Body
- Clip to Lock the Locking Pin
- Master Cylinder of your choice (0.625, 0.7, 0.75)
- Inserts to Accept Master Cylinder Mounting Bolts
- Length Adjustable Locking Pin
- Lightening Holes
- Oilite Phosphor Bronze Bushes Inserted for Precision and Optimum Pivot
- Profiled Billet Aluminium Grip Handle for Optimum Non-Slip Grip
- Lock Nut for Securing Handle & Push Rod Throw
- Lock Nut for Securing Pin Length
- Master Cylinder
- Pre-Fabricated Holes for Ease of Mounting
- Quick Release Modern Clevis
- Spherical Rod End Pivot Mechanism
- Stainless Steel Multi-Position Locking Plate
- Unique Adjustable Locking Position
- 8 Point Locking Mechanism
Drifting and Rally driving requires extensive use of the handbrake, which can show weaknesses in standard cable type handbrakes. The hydraulic system eliminates the weaknesses as in the standard cable type handbrakes.
The hydraulic system connects into the brake line that runs to the rear callipers and requires a lot less force to completely lock both rear wheels when needed.
Drivers to lock up or break loose the rear wheels when they want to Drift the car sideways or spin on the spot use a hydraulic handbrake. Rally drivers regularly need to spin 180 degrees “on the spot” when they over shoot an intersection, or need to turn very hard left or right and there’s not enough wheel lock to achieve this.
The hydraulic handbrake is not used to stop the car.
A hydraulic hand brake can be added into the rear brake line system without changing the original mechanical handbrake setup.
Compbrake motorsport Ltd design and manufacture all these units in our own well-equipped factory based in England. These Hydraulic handbrakes are constructed out of lightened steel with a Black powder coat finish, giving you an extremely strong product that will last a lifetime.
Compbrake Ltd has developed a new range of adjustable lockable Hydraulic Handbrakes. These systems will allow you to use the Hydraulic Handbrake as a temporary park brake. Do NOT use the Hydraulic Handbrake as a permanent park brake.
These systems are for competition use only.