RACE BALANCE BAR 26MM BEARING ONLY
Precision balance bar bearing heavy duty for all race applications.
Affordable with no compromise in quality, look no further than Compbrake Motorsport.
This industry standard racing balance bar assembly is designed to maximise travel and adjust-ability providing increased front-to-rear bias control by allowing the adjustment of two separate master cylinder’s. The precision spherical bearing with corrosion resistant phosphor bronze ring is durable yet provides a smooth action. The 3/8 – 24 threaded adjuster bar is made from high strength aircraft alloy. It is fitted with lightweight aluminium anodised maintenance free clevises and thrust washers to eliminate binding under extreme pivot angles. We supply this product to many formula racing teams and most UK brake company’s outlets that demand the best.
- RACE BALANCE BAR Supplied with precision reamed balance bar tube 26mm ID Length 33mmm
- The balance bar is an adjustable lever, that pivots on a spherical bearing and uses two separate master cylinders for the front and rear brakes.
- Most balance bars are part of a pedal assembly that also provides a mounting for the master cylinders.
- When the balance bar is centered, it pushes equally on both master cylinders creating equal pressure, given that the master cylinders are the same size bore.
- When adjusted as far as possible toward one master cylinder it will push approximately twice as hard on that cylinder as the other.
- To set up the balance bar, thread the master cylinder pushrods through their respective clevises to obtain the desired position.
- Threading one pushrod into its respective clevis means threading the other one out the same amount.
- Sometimes this will lead to a cocked balance bar when the pedal are in the relaxed position.
- This is acceptable as long as each master cylinder pushrod is completely free of pressure when the pedal is relaxed.
- Supplied with a 26mm ID tube for welding to either an existing pedal box or a pedal of your own manufacture.
- Available with 8mm yolks for AP Cylinders and 5 1/6 UNF yolks for Girling & Tilton Cylinders.
- Aluminium yokes (hard anodised black to 25 Microns)
- Hardened steel threaded body.
- Spherical bearing fulcrum movement.
- Overall length 130mm.